Vision - No one lives in poverty because of poor eyesight; no one lives with poor eyesight because of poverty.
Mission - To enable people living in poverty to access affordable eye care.
We will do this by capacity building within national health systems and provide direct capability when and where these do not exist or are not accessible.
Other Areas Of Work
We deliver our Mission through:
• Capacity Building
• Developing and Providing Capability
• Supporting Research
Our work is guided by the following principles:
• We strive to reach out to the poorest communities.
• Our focus is on primary eye care and uncorrected refractive error.
• Professional Volunteers are central to everything we do.
• Sustainable development within national health systems is the core of our work, but we stand ready to provide immediate support when required.
• We believe in the principle that with the right resources and support, individuals, communities and organisations can develop their own solutions
• We seek to work in partnership with local, national and international agencies which share our aims.